- SKYTROFA contains 3 components1‑4:
- A parent drug, somatropin, with the same 191 amino-acid sequence and molecular weight (22 kDa) as endogenous GH
- A carrier that shields and inactivates somatropin from binding to receptors and being cleared by the kidney
- A linker that transiently binds somatropin to the carrier
- TransCon® refers to “transient conjugation,” a proprietary drug-delivery platform designed to enhance the overall benefit of a given therapeutic5
- After SKYTROFA is injected into the body, TransCon technology allows for the sustained release of active somatropin based on physiologic pH and temperature2‑4
Watch the video below to see how TransCon technology works.